Here are our top tips for visiting Upmarket..
Getting there and parking
Upmarket is held at The University of Western Australia’s Winthrop Hall and surrounds (35 Stirling Hwy, Crawley WA 6009). You will see the big clock tower from Stirling Hwy. There is plenty of free parking on a Sunday at The University of Western Australia with over 4000 spots. Click here to view the parking map. This map shows accessible parking spots. CP1 can fill up quickly. Continue to drive around towards the Swan river and you will find more parking.
Perth City to UWA- 5.4 kms, 10 minute bus or car ride, 15-20 min cycle or 60 minute stroll around the river.
Cycling or walking to the market is encouraged and there are plenty of bike racks to lock up your bike.
Public Transport- Buses are the best form of public transport for getting to the market. Click here to find out timetables and routes.
Perth Markets – Dates for 2019
- Sun June 23th
- Sun Sept 15th
- Sun Nov 24th
Time: 10am to 4pm
Entry into Perth Upmarket is free. Perth Upmarket supports Guide Dogs WA and a donation will help us fund a Perth Upmarket Community puppy in the program. You can donate at the event or online
ATM and credit card machines
All retailers accept cash. We have 2-3 mobile ATMs onsite at the event. You can find them outside the Winthrop Hall at the back corner. Many of our retailers also take credit card through Paypal tap and go devices or mobile eftpos machines.
There are a few toilet locations at the event. You will find toilets in the foyer of Winthrop Hall. There are also toilets at the back of the Winthrop hall, outside. A third set of toilets are located outside the Junior Upmarket which is in the Hacket Cafe. An accessible toilet can be found be entering the ground floor lift door. It is located to the left of the lift.
Food and drink
There is lots of food and drink vendors available. We have a whole gourmet section at the market. You will find a diverse mix of food from different culture, sweet, savoury, hot and cold. We have 2 coffee vendors which are both located outside. One is at the back of the hall and the other to the back southern corner, near the grass.
Sketch by Bee Tan
Tips for visiting Upmarket
- Come early or late, Upmarket can get very busy!
- Junior Upmarket in Hackett Hall is where a lot of the products for children and families will be, think handmade clothes, trendy accessories, prints for bedrooms, kids décor, baby items, activity packs etc.
- Baby carriers are a good idea but pram parking will be setup outside Hackett Hall if you need it.
- Bring a friend/partner to help out with the kids if possible so you can take your time as there are so many areas to explore during Perth Upmarket. It’s only on quarterly so you’ll want to see everything! See the map attached for an overview of the venue – Winthrop Hall (undercroft/downstairs, foyer and upstairs), the verandah along the pond side, along the grassed side, stalls out on the grass and the verandah linking to Junior Upmarket in Hackett Hall (click on the map to view it in full size).
- 80% of the market is undercover, so if it’s raining don’t let that put you off. Parking is all on-site, so bring an umbrella and you’ll be fine.
- There are 3 main sets of toilets so refer to the map if you need them.
- Plan your day – check out our online retailer gallery and make a list of stalls you have to visit!
- The Perth Upmarket info desk is in the Winthrop Hall foyer, it’s a good first stop as you can pick up a list of all retailers and enter their competition
- The grounds of UWA are beautiful so wander around the gardens and hopefully the sun is shining so you can eat out on the lawn on the pond side of Winthrop Hall.
- UWA’s Lawrence Wilson Art Gallery just behind Winthrop Hall is open on market day!
- Perth Upmarket is proudly supported by The University of Western Australia, Kidzabuzz and Guide Dogs WA