Here are our top tips for visiting Art Upmarket
Getting there and parking
Art Upmarket is held at The University of Western Australia’s Winthrop Hall and surrounds (35 Stirling Hwy, Crawley WA 6009). You will see the big clock tower from Stirling Hwy. There is plenty of free parking on weekends at The University of Western Australia with over 4000 spots. Click here to view the parking map. This map shows accessible parking spots. CP1 can fill up quickly. Continue to drive around towards the Swan river and you will find more parking.
Perth City to UWA- 5.4 kms, 10 minute bus or car ride, 15-20 min cycle or 60 minute stroll around the river.
Cycling or walking to the market is encouraged and there are plenty of bike racks to lock up your bike.
Public Transport- Buses are the best form of public transport for getting to the market. Click here to find out timetables and routes.
Perth Art Market dates
- Saturday 16th October 2021
- 10am- 4pm
- The University of Western Australia’s Winthrop Hall and Undercroft
Entry into Art Upmarket is free.
ATM and credit card machines
All retailers accept cash. There are no ATMs at the venue. You will find ATM machines at the UWA guild or on Broadway which is a 7 min walk each way. Many of our retailers also take credit card through Paypal tap and go devices or mobile eftpos machines.
Toilets are located at the back of the Winthrop hall, outside and also in the foyer of the hall. An accessible toilet can be found be entering the ground floor lift door. It is located to the left of the lift. Look for the green button to open the wooden doors.
Food and drink
Food and drink is available at the event.
Tips for visiting Art Upmarket
- Come early or late, Upmarket can get very busy!
- All of the market is undercover, so if it’s raining don’t let that put you off. Parking is all on-site, so bring an umbrella and you’ll be fine.
- Plan your day – check out our online retailer gallery and make a list of stalls you have to visit!
- The Perth Upmarket info desk can be found in the foyer and it’s a good first stop as you can pick up a list of all artist
- The grounds of UWA are beautiful so wander around the gardens and hopefully the sun is shining so you can eat out on the lawn.