Gluten Free * Vegan- Serves 16-20
- 1 x 250g pkt Seedy Morning Muesli
- 20g GF corn flakes
- 20g buckwheat, roasted
- 5g chia seeds
- 10g sesame seeds
- Wet Mix
- 140g rice malt syrup
- 150g sunflower seed butter
- 50g tahini
- 30g coconut sugar
- Line the base and sides of a 28cm x 18cm pan with baking paper.
- Place all dry ingredients in a large bowl that allows plenty of room for stirring.
- In a heavy based small saucepan put wet ingredients
- Heat on low and stir to combine. Cook for about 3 minutes while stirring every 30 seconds. Stay with the pot as it burns super fast if left! Should be thick and caramelised.
- This whole stage should be 5 – 6 minutes max. The longer it cooks the chewier the bars and the likelihood of burning.
- Using a spatula to scrape the base and sides of the saucepan clean, pour the hot mix into the dry ingredients. Stir really well to thoroughly coat everything. It becomes a pretty stiff mix.
- Pile into silicone lined tray and press down. Use a straight sided glass or jar to roll it over the mix and compress it well. Let cool, at least an hour or three to set, then cut into bars before covering and putting in fridge. When completely cold and solid remove bars to airtight container and store in fridge. They keep really well for a few weeks.
Check out The Natural Food Emporium at www.thenaturalfoodemporium.com.au for more scrumptious recipes