Fathers Day is this Sunday and there’s probably a few of us doing a last minute scramble to find an appropriate gift for our hard-to-buy-for dads / father-in-laws / husbands / stepdads! (Or you could be one of those who has gifts sorted well in advance – good work if this is you!)
To help you out, we have put together a list of talented local designers and gourmets to help you find the perfect present for the important man / men in your life – whatever they are into and whatever your budget may be. Browse gifts online without leaving the couch!
For the foodie dad:
- Golden Whisk’s Honey Spice Nuts – Spicy, salty and sweet they make a delicious accompaniment to a beer, cider or wine and are just $8.95 – shop the range at www.goldenwhisk.com.au
- Ol-ive Half’s gourmet marinated olive range. Something for every dad whether he likes a little bit of spice or not. Priced from $12-$20
- The Cheesemaker offer hands on courses for the man that loves his cheese, such as the special ‘Spring Alpine Raclette’ event on 20 September.
- For the sweet tooth, start the day off with a 4 pack of Spirals Cinnamon buns for just $25 – yum!
For the stylish dad:
- Renee Botman has a great range of oilcloth products for dad – from glasses cases for just $30 to oilcloth toiletry bags and matching father & child aprons.
- A luxe gift for dad, ijewellery cuff links feature rare stones found only in the Kimberlys, including Solid Silver Rainbow Stone Cuff Links $310 and Solid Silver Targetite and Zebra Rock Cuff Links $410.
- Quality leather accessories for dad from Convict Bags such as the Aaron passport wallet for $110 and the Will wallet for $75
…and some out of the box ideas:
- Retro customised pantry labels for the dad who likes to create his own marinades and spice mixes – see the Pantry Label Shop
- A cactus from Bowerbird Designs – perfect for the home or office
- Reusable beeswax sandwich/food wraps for the environmentally conscious dad from WaxiWraps
- Book of abandoned cars featuring original photography from Dewalds Photos