The safety of our retailers, patrons and staff is of utmost importance to us. To make sure we comply with the COVID-19 Business Safety requirements, we will be implementing precautions to ensure we provide a safe environment for our community to connect and enjoy a shared experience at Perth Upmarket.
What we’re doing for everyone’s safety
Conditions of entry
- We recommend you register on our Eventbrite event to help with contact details and download the COVID safe app (both free).
- When attending, you agree to only do so if you are in good health and have not:
– Travelled nationally or internationally in the previous 14 days.
– Have any flu/cold symptoms including a sore throat, fever or cough.
– Have not come into contact with any confirmed cases or possible cases in the previous 14 days.
If you are unwell please do not attend the event.
In the venues + physical distancing
- Signage reminders of appropriate hygiene practices in line with the advice from the Australian Government Department of Health.
- Revised building entry or exit requirements. Capacity limits inside venues to meet the 2sqm rule. Entry to Winthrop hall will be through the foyer and exit via the Undercroft to allow for head counting. Please follow the signs and directions of staff.
- Increased space for retailers and customers indoors.
- Number of indoor stalls reduced and more stalls outside.
- Some food retailers will be moved to provide more space for waiting for orders.
- Customers should use common sense and physically distance throughout the event.
- Increased frequency and detail of event cleaning of the venue by professional cleaners.
- Regular cleaning of all high touch surfaces during the event (including door handles, toilet locks, hand rails, switches and buttons).
- Provision of hand sanitiser in the foyer areas and bathrooms.
- Cashless transactions encouraged. Atm will be available and cleaned regularly throughout the day.
- As communal water dispensers are not available, you are encouraged to buy or bring your own water bottle.
- Information desk will be in same spot but no competition this event. Enter online before the event.
- Tables and chairs will not be put out but please free to picnic on the grass.
- St Johns Ambulance will be in attendance in usual position outside.
Staff and food retailer training
All Key UWA, Perth Upmarket staff and food retailers all have completed the AHA Hospitality & Tourism COVID-19 Hygiene Course. There will always be at least one staff member accredited as a Hygiene Officer in attendance.
FOR MORE INFORMATION
Contact the Australian Government Department of Health Coronavirus Information Line 1800 020 080 or the healthdirect hotline 1800 022 222. You can also visit the Australian Government Department of Health website.
The situation will be closely monitored by Perth Upmarket and the University of WA and University Theatres. Our highest priority is the safety of our visitors, retailers and staff. Perth Upmarket is following all Federal and State Government advice and are monitoring the situation to have appropriate measures based on their advice. (Phase 4 WA Covid Safe Plan for 13/9/2020)